[Note: This is part #5 of a 5-part series on how to quickly enjoy greater sales and profits in your business with a 5-step copywriting system for writing crazy effective copy… without investing 1,000s of hours to become a ‘world class’ copywriter. If you’re just joining us, start the series here!]
If you read and completed the first four parts of this series, you should now have a deeply personal understanding of your product and your perfect prospect, a super-compelling offer, and a rich smorgasbord of highly-charged emotional benefits.
Today is all about proof… and it’s the fifth and final piece of the puzzle.
For this exercise, refer to the “PROOF ELEMENTS” tab on The Ultimate Copy Blueprint.
Proof is the glue that holds your offer, ideas, features, benefits and all the rest of the elements you’ve intricately woven into your sales copy together.
It doesn’t matter…
- How great your product is
- How much better you are than the competition
- How intimately you know your prospect
- How magnetic the emotional benefits of your product are
- Or how great your offer is
… If you can’t prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that everything you say is true, your copy will quickly collapse like a house of cards when viewed under the intense scrutiny of a skeptical target market!
In the first part of this series, I said relationships matter more than anything. This is where your relationship with your prospect plays a major role.
What I mean by that is, if the people on your list know, like, and trust you – and everything you put out gets eaten up by them simply because YOU created it – you’ve got a major advantage.
You won’t need to write world-class copy to get world-class results.
But there’s no excuse to use that trust as a crutch and be lax in your marketing.
If you go to the “PROOF ELEMENTS” tab on The Ultimate Copy Blueprint, you’ll see that I’ve listed 18 powerful ways to build proof and credibility into your copy.
Use these – and the spaces provided at the top of the worksheet – to brainstorm your own list of proof elements for your product or service, and you’ll easily find yourself writing much stronger and more believable copy!
So here’s what to do now …
How to Write the Best Copy of Your Life — Starting Long Before You’ve Written a Single Word!
Now that you’ve got the details on how to use the blueprint, here’s the entire process for writing killer copy right now:
1. Fill out The Ultimate Copy Blueprint on your first product or service. Read it and get to know it like the back of your hand. Internalize what you’ve written. Then let your subconscious chew on it for a day or so… or more, if you have the luxury of time. If you don’t have an answer for something, do the research and get it. No shortcuts!
2. Close your eyes and have an imaginary conversation. Imagine you’re trying to sell your product or service to your ideal prospect “in person” and make it all as real as possible, by including all of your five senses – sight, sound, smell, taste, feel. What would you say? What gestures would you make? What tone would you use? It’s critical to make this a real experience for your subconscious!
3. Start writing! Open the floodgates and let it all out. If you’ve gone through this process properly, you’ll likely find the words will literally fly out through the keyboard as fast as you can type. Don’t stop the flow, just do a mind dump, edit later.
4. Edit, edit, and then edit some more. Edit until you have a finely polished draft!
So there you have it…
A 4-step, paint-by-number system for writing powerful sales letters, emails and ads that grab attention… create intense interest and desire… and get your prospects and customers to open up their wallets and invest in what you have to offer.
Once you’ve gone through this process with a product, you’ll often find the copy will virtually write itself — as your subconscious will serve up the ideas and words to your conscious mind as you write.
Whether you’re writing a sales letter, ad or email series the words will just flow.